2012年6月6日 星期三

Journal 6 -When I was young in the mountain




        This book talks about a period of time when she was young in the mountain. She lived with her grandparents. Her grandpa worked in the coal mine. After he came home, grandma would prepare lots food for us. During the leisure time, the girl and little sister went across the wood and swimming in a hole which was muddy and dark. On their home, they bought some butter in Mr. Crawford’s baking store. Before taking a bath, they had to pumped water from the well and heat it. They wore clothes near the stove where grandma heated cocoa. In the night, the mountain was so natural that they listened to frogs, and sometimes snakes would appear. Grandma killed it and took a picture with kids. She never wanted to go to anywhere else except the mountain. Living in the mountain, sitting leisurely on the porch with her grandparents in the evening are enough for her.




  • Narrative point of view: First person narrator

In the story, the author used “I” to narrate the whole story for us.

  • Theme: A contented mind is a perpetual feast.

In the end of the story, the girl said, “I never wanted to go anywhere else in the world, for I was in the mountains.”


  • Color: Yellow, brown, and white

The author chose warm shade to represent a warm story, such as yellow, brown. 





        As we learned in the class, Children’s literature is aim for teaching and entertaining children. But how does the literature influence adults after reading the literature? I think that it reminds me the peaceful time without anxiety and worry in my childhood. I went to my grandparents’ mountain when I was eight. I swum in the brook and caught the little fish. Everything there was novel for me because I lived in the city. Now there is no more fish in the brook, and I am too busy to return. If I get there one more time, could I be as joyful as a child? The last picture made me very miss my grandparents and the mountain. 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言